Voice Control work over bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TechWhore, Jun 8, 2009.

1. TechWhore macrumors regular

Does anyone know if voice control works over bluetooth as well?

2. Emulsion macrumors 6502

What I've realized about the voice control is that it can be implemented through a third party app with the released api's. Jawbone can make an app compatible with their bluetooth headsets.

3. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

But you'd have to have Jawbone's (or whoever's) app running first in order to use it, right? With any luck (and here's hoping), when the phone's idle and you press the button on your BT headset, it'll launch voice control. Please Apple, let it work that way...

4. pugnut macrumors 6502a

my guess is yes.....

If you watch the demo on the Apple site, it says to activate hold down the iPhone button or your headset... so my assumption is that it will work. For the record I use the Jabra Bt530, and currently I can stream music to it, decent sound. So again I think the voice over the bluetooth will work

5. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I really hope it works with the bluetooth button. I have a bluetooth enabled stereo in my car and it would be awesome to control both music and phone calls from it.

6. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

They may have only meant the Apple headset (earphones with remote and mic) that comes with the iPhone. I'm hopeful, but I wouldn't assume it means anything more than that.

7. kryptticAZ macrumors regular

It does NOT work via Bluetooth. This has been confirmed by users and reflected in an Apple support document. See here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9675412#9675412

8. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

soon...

the market needs a chance to catch up. It will.