Voice Dialing on iPhone 2.0 or 3G??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darkstar1138, May 5, 2008.

1. Darkstar1138 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know, or can anyone confirm IF voice dialing will be a feature of either the V2 iPhone Firmware or the new 3G iPhone? I've missed my voice dial from my old cell phone BADLY and is really the only major feature I would like implemented on the iPhone. If anyone has news about this, please reply.

Thanks!

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Apple has a more comprehensive list of features than the sticky here for software, and also for hardware. So they're aware of not having it.

I would imagine, given a possible desire to get car integration (e.g. GPS use via Google maps or otherwise) they'd get voice dialling in. If its possible with the hardware of the current iPhone, i'd imagine they'd add it.

3. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

The Navigation/bluetooth capabilities in my 2008 Honda Accord allow voice dialing with the iPhone. The car stores its own phonebook, the navigation system can import your contacts from the iPhone, and you can send the numbers from the nav system to the hands-free link phonebook and assign the numbers to names for voice dialing.

Works quite well :)

Adds the convenience of voice dialing to using my phone in the car, which is really the only time I would use it.

I would be surprised if other navigation/hands-free systems don't behave similarly.