Voice dict./Siri/iTunes won't work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scrappledog, Sep 8, 2012.

1. scrappledog macrumors member

For the last couple days, voice dictation and Siri won't fuction, nor will any updates from the iTunes Store go past "waiting." Everything else functions, including Safari, both 3G and Wifi. I have turned the 4S off and back on to no avail. This is a replacement Apple gave me when my original broke, and I wonder if I'm experiencing the joy of "factory refurb."

Anyone else have these issues or know a fix?

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

Dictation hasn't been working on my 4S for a couple of days (Verizon), neither by cellular connection nor wifi. Likewise, it doesn't work on my iPad 3 (AT&T) neither cellular nor wifi. Also not working on my Mac Pro with Mountain Lion. I conclude that there is a problem with Apple's servers.

3. scrappledog thread starter macrumors member

It's got to be more than that. Every time an update pops on the App Store -- and yes, I can access and browse the App Store -- whatever app I'm trying to update remains forever in "waiting" status. Nothing seems to fix this. Should I do a restore?

4. dotme macrumors 6502a

Reset network settings first maybe?

5. scrappledog thread starter macrumors member

6. TimothWinter macrumors newbie

7. Hmac macrumors 68020

I did nothing, dictation is now working fine on my Verizon 4s and AT&T iPad 3, and Mac Pro. I conclude that my issue was a server problem at Apple. For me, Siri never did stop working and I had no problem with iTunes.

8. golfesv macrumors member

NEW IPAD3 no Siri

I just bought an iPad3 last night and tried to use siri nothing happened?? I held the home button down and nothing happened. Am I missing something. Also how can I tell its actually an iPad 3 as opposed to iPad 2?

9. dotme macrumors 6502a

Retina display is a big givaway on the iPad 3. Did you enable Siri?

Settings -> General -> Siri