Voice echo on calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nburwell, May 16, 2009.

1. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I don't know if this has or does happen to anyone else, but it's a bit annoying. Whenever I am talking on the phone to any of my friend's (non-iPhone users) everything is fine. However, when I'm on the phone with my girlfriend (iPhone user), I always have my voice echo on my end. She says she can't hear my echo on her end, so obviously I'm the only one hearing it.

I find this a bit odd that it only happens when I talk to my gf. She just recently upgraded to an iPhone from her 2 year old LG flip phone. The echo didn't start immediately after she got it, but I have noticed to happen every time we've talked for the past two weeks. And never once did I have the voice echo issue when she had her LG phone.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but is this an AT&T thing? I wouldn't think it's an Apple problem, but like I said, I could be totally wrong.

I'm probably going to stop by an AT&T store sometime this week and see what they say. But in the meantime, I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else, and if there are any possible solutions for this?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's because the volume on her phone is turned up too loud. Tell her to turn the volume down and it should stop the echoing.