Voice memo application needs to be taken seriously

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Iiiirvin, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Iiiirvin macrumors newbie

This is an open complaint note to Apple and anyone who is listening.

I write music and have been nominated for grammys.

I record my musical ideas from my dreams on my iPhone.

The voice memo application is great for recording ideas.

The retrieval process is disdainful.

The voice memos aren't even backed up to icloud.

After 4 months of thinking that my ideas were being backed up, my phone had to get restored.

None of my voice memos are there.

Plenty of musicians do the same thing i do to get their ideas out.

Please, SOMEONE TAKE THE APPLICATION SERIOUSLY!!!

2. bj3949 macrumors 6502

aligned !

I'm right there with you man ! We need folders, search, save as new memo/trim original, continue recording after a call, etc

I'm right there with you :)

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I guess next time backup your iPhone to your computer in addition to iCloud. There's a Garageband app that seems like it would make more sense to you than Voice Memos.

4. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Prior to retiring, some 3 years ago, I, like you, was quite serious about making digital voice notes. As such, I always carried a separate digital voice recorder due to concerns, as yours.

I did not want my design thoughts to be potentially lost nor mixed with other non essential items. Thus, I opted to carry a separate device. To this day, I still carry a separate micro digital voice recorder. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

5. jamojamo macrumors 6502

There are a lot of voice memo recorders that allow uploading, emailing, etc of recordings, as well as categorizations and sorting, smart searching of recordings, etc available via the App Store. Most are $1.99 or less.

Maybe you could find one there in there while waiting for Apple's to be updated.

6. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

Get a stand alone digital recorder from Olympus (a company that takes voice memos seriously).

----------

Get a stand alone Olympus Recorder for serious recordings. Nothing I record that I want to keep permanently I rely on the phone for.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Voice Memos are backed up to iTunes, so if you ever sync via cable or wifi, it keeps copies. If you don't, ...