Voice Memo on Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tximacusr, Apr 7, 2015.

1. tximacusr macrumors member

Anybody know if this app will be on the watch?
    If not, what other apps will it not have? Thanks!

2. Multiverse223 macrumors regular

Hopefully it does. It seems so obvious to have on the watch since it's so convient to use for that.

3. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Evernote will have an app for the watch that includes a dictation feature.

4. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I think the OP meant something that records audio into a wav or AAC or something. Both features sound sweet though.

5. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Evernote has that feature. Not sure it will be included in the Watch extension though. You might wanna move all your audio notes to iPhone real fast because of limited space.

6. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

If it was, wouldn't you think Apple would prominently feature it on their site?

7. tximacusr thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I use my iphone to voice record. Wondering if the watch will have it and other apps I used frequently, if not, I'm not buying it.

----------

I was looking for it on their site, but didn't see it.
    If this is true, its not for me.
    I'll keep wearing my Seiko Titanium.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Check out Braintoss. It is amazing and will have a watch app when the watch comes out. Once you set it up you just hit the start button and say your message. It then automatically emails you the text and a voice recording of whatever you said. This is great for those of us who use our emails as reminders.

I had never heard of it until a few weeks back when I saw it as an upcoming watch app. My husband and I are already hooked. VERY Handy.

PS: Yes I know note apps can be better but I do not have enough tasks to get used to looking there for what I need to remember.

9. arostom macrumors newbie

arostom

10. riverfreak macrumors 6502a

(As a quick aside that is semi related, you can add reminders to your default Reminders list using Siri). Not exactly what the OP is discussing but still handy.

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Tried Braintoss - works fine from phone but from Watch, emails do not send :oops:
    It's a shame because I liked the app but like so many other Apple Watch parts of apps, many just don't work (which is the reason I bought them)

12. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Just one thing: Wait for Watch OS 2.0

Watch OS 1.0 doesn't give apps access to all of the hardware (in this case, the microphone). Reason why there are currently no voice memo recorders on the Appstore.

13. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

There are several 3rd party apps currently available to record voice memos via the watch, using its microphone, and the list grows on a near daily basis. You can run a search for
    voice memo
    at http://watchaware.com/watch-apps to learn particulars per app.

14. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

When I am doing quality control in the field I use the iPhone with a voice recorder app. If I am driving down the road and need to remember something for later, I get Siri to set me an alarm. "Hey Siri" works very well for me!