Voice Memo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amiganut, Sep 13, 2009.

1. amiganut macrumors member

Will anyone use Voice Memo on the Touch with 3.1? Unless you already have your headset with mic plugged in, recording a Memo would require getting them or a mic out to use. Too time consuming to be useful. Now, a built in mic would make Voice Memo useful. When I buy the Touch, I know, iPod Touch, I plan on using a Bluetooth headset. I know. I'm lazy. Hey! I'm 71. Age should have some privileges.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

2. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

I might use it.
    And is 2 extra seconds really time consuming? For example, if I have my headphones in the same pocket as my iPod Touch, it's not really much work to reach back in there and take my headphones out, now is it?

3. jchap macrumors newbie

jchap

I use a small lozenge-shaped mic that can easily be plugged in or removed from the headphone jack. I do a lot of voice recordings, but it's no trouble at all.

[​IMG]

I've also got the iPod touch covered with a Simplicity skin, to which I attached the strap. This particular mic has a loophole through which I could thread the strap, and keep it attached to the skin. Now whenever I want to use it, I just unscrew the mic from the lozenge-shaped case, and plug it in, like you can see above.

Looks a wee bit tacky, but it works great - and I never have to worry about losing the mic :eek:

Oh, BTW, I tried a Bluetooth headset with the iPod touch (a Motorola). Tried and tried to get it to connect, but it wouldn't. So that's why I went with an actual mic.

Jeff