Voice Memos App is a POS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Aug 14, 2010.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Everytime! i suppose i should blame myself for repeatedly using the stupid app. I've been having meetins/lectures with tutors in respect to my thesis and make a habit of recording them for future reference. The lectures are often 1-2 hrs long and note taking just doesnt cut it cos a lot is said and i'm a slow writer. I used the iPhone built in voice memo app to record but now i wish i hadn't

The first 3 times i made a recording, it would, without fail refuse to apply my label to the recording AND always displayed the recording as 0 seconds and consequently not play it. The recordings came back after rebooting and/or resetting the phone several times.

However my last and arguably most important recording won't budge. Stuck at 0s with no label and i REALLY need this for my writeup and i'm so pissed its not working. I've tried everything but no dice.

Quick Google search reports this to be a bug since iPhone OS 3.0! i.e. since its freaking inception :mad:

One of the most important papers i'll ever write is about to be hampered because i'm missing vital information thats on my stupid phone. Arghhhhh!!!!

Want to screw up important voice memos that can make or break your thesis? There is, most certainly, an App for that!

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

3. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I agree that the app sucks, but if it gave you trouble the first 3 times why didn't you just go and buy a dedicated recorder?

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yup...the other recordings make it but not the latest one

I should've. Hindsight vision is 20/20

5. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I had the same issue.

What I do now is just record in 30 minute intervals. You'll lose a few seconds but it's alright.

Works like a charm.