Voice memo's not syncing to itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lmdarby, Feb 12, 2010.

1. lmdarby macrumors newbie

My son has an ipod touch and we can't seem to sync his latest voice memo (he uses it for recording voice scales for singing) to itunes so he can listen to them and practise. Wondering if anyone has a solution to this as we've tried to sync the ipod a number of times but they still don't appear in the music library. The checkbox to 'include voice memos' and we have synced previous recordings, but not his latest. We can't record as we don't have the microphone adaptor (only from his singing teacher). Do we need to get this extra piece if we want to record to oice memo's in future?

2. waynerrr macrumors newbie

Tis is how it was resolved on iphone...not sure if it will work for ipod

I found the solution on another forum (source is at bottom)...but basically I noticed that if i created a fresh new voice memo and then synced...then it worked. So the problem then became that older voice memos weren't syncing..
    so the solution is to:-
    go to each old memo and TRIM it (see the little blue arrow, far right of each memo..click on that arrow and trim by 1 second)..then when you sync ..it sees the voice memo as a new one and syncs it fine

source: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=9692256