Voice Memo's to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Aug 3, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So I recorded a 32minute voice memo which I can't e-mail or MMS obviously. Is there any other way for me to import this to my MacBook Pro?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

When I sync with iTunes it imports my memos into the music library automatically. I dunno if I had to change something in settings to make it do that, but there must be an option for it somewhere. So look around in there.

3. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah that's what I thought it was supposed to do except for some reason my isn't. Maybe it's because I did a clean install of Lion and this phone isn't sync'd to this Mac.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Hell, I thought it was hard enough to figure out how to listen to them on the phone itself... Anyway, I think that is your problem, when you plug your phone it there should be a "voice memo" playlist that you can then import to your comp. Did you backup everything before you did a clean install? If so, you should be able to just transfer your iTunes library folder and settings into Lion and have your backups/prefs/etc for the phone in there.

5. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

I didn't transfer anything from the old OS to the new install. Just my luck, I have the settings to import Voice Memo's and I just backed up my phone but now I have to erase the phone to sync it with iTunes. My fear is losing that memo since it was a contract agreement. I'll just wait until the contract finalizes to do this should be a week or two.