Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
First and for most, I need a great phone that makes voice calls (Not texting) that others don't have to ask one to repeat one self, and how one judges sound quality in receiving calls as well, for the new iPhone 4s by Cell carriers.

(Verizon/Sprint/AT&T)

I had the Samsung Galaxy II S for one day and returned it because of the sound quality, lousy 2G download speed only (Sprint), not to mention the larger size of the phone. I have large hands, so go figure :confused: Nice screen however.....

Held the iPhone 4s today and really like the size.

Edit: Though its early, are you happy with the phone and carrier ?

yodaxl7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
I like mine! I asian american, too. I think it is better than Dragon's Dictation. Or the phone has a better mic. Plus, Siri is a beta. It works great for a beta. Can't wait for more stuff. I suspect an api with rules will go out to third parties. Would like to purchase different voice, though. I want glados in portal 2 or Scully or Kate Beckinsale!!

Elven

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
UK
I am with o2 in the UK. However I am happy with the sound both on loudspeaker, and earpiece with my iPhone 4s.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Voice quality on the iPhone is pretty much the same as every other modern smartphone.

Saw a couple of reviews and they reported an improvement in sound quality for this new phone, and my experience with the Galaxy S II was not good (Returned it). Glad to hear that the quality is good, but I have hearing lose and need a good high volume ring tone and voice to have a better experience.

Thanks guys ;)

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I have used Blackberry, Galaxy S2 and iPhones and I have always found the iPhone to have the best phone sound quality of them all. Not only do people say that I sound good for a cell phone but iPhones speaker is great.

I have even found the iPhone 4S to have better volume in the ear piece and external speaker so I can actually turn the volume down from MAX and get better quality sound. Thej iPhone is a great phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.