Voice Quality iPhone 4s Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR45, Oct 18, 2011.

1. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

First and for most, I need a great phone that makes voice calls (Not texting) that others don't have to ask one to repeat one self, and how one judges sound quality in receiving calls as well, for the new iPhone 4s by Cell carriers.

(Verizon/Sprint/AT&T)

I had the Samsung Galaxy II S for one day and returned it because of the sound quality, lousy 2G download speed only (Sprint), not to mention the larger size of the phone. I have large hands, so go figure :confused: Nice screen however.....

Held the iPhone 4s today and really like the size.

Edit: Though its early, are you happy with the phone and carrier ?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Voice quality on the iPhone is pretty much the same as every other modern smartphone.

3. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I like the voice quality. No issues here. I've always had great voice quality on all my iPhones.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Voice quality is good.

Speaker is now much louder ime.

I haven't use a phone I thought had better vq.

5. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I like mine! I asian american, too. I think it is better than Dragon's Dictation. Or the phone has a better mic. Plus, Siri is a beta. It works great for a beta. Can't wait for more stuff. I suspect an api with rules will go out to third parties. Would like to purchase different voice, though. I want glados in portal 2 or Scully or Kate Beckinsale!!

6. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

I am with o2 in the UK. However I am happy with the sound both on loudspeaker, and earpiece with my iPhone 4s.

7. SR45 thread starter macrumors 65832

SR45

Saw a couple of reviews and they reported an improvement in sound quality for this new phone, and my experience with the Galaxy S II was not good (Returned it). Glad to hear that the quality is good, but I have hearing lose and need a good high volume ring tone and voice to have a better experience.

Thanks guys ;)

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have used Blackberry, Galaxy S2 and iPhones and I have always found the iPhone to have the best phone sound quality of them all. Not only do people say that I sound good for a cell phone but iPhones speaker is great.

I have even found the iPhone 4S to have better volume in the ear piece and external speaker so I can actually turn the volume down from MAX and get better quality sound. Thej iPhone is a great phone.