General Voice to text dissapears

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ron7624, Mar 15, 2015.

1. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I use Voice to text to compose everything. Since I've upgraded to 8.2 I see the composition as I speak but when I close the voice box all of the text disappears.
    This doesn't happen everywhere but it does happen in forms where I am replying to a personal message in a forum.
    Is this an 8.2 bug messed up my settings somehow.
    Currently I am composing this using voice to text in notes but must copy it and put it in the form I'm going to submit this forum.
    This happens on my iPhone 6 and iPad rMini.

2. afsnyder macrumors 65816

3. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

I had this happened couple days ago when replying a message on Facebook in Safari. It didn't use to do this before in 8.1.3.
    You should report it to Apple Feedback

4. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I will do just that.
    It does not happen in notes , but just happened in this form trying to reply to you.
    So to compose something using voice to text I must create it in notes and then copy it over to the MacRumors reply form :(

5. ron7624 thread starter Contributor

ron7624

I did.
    It seems it has to do with the voice to text engine. I've found that if I click done at the bottom of the voice wave, the text dissapears, but if I tap the text after the dictation, the text stays. I then close the voice box and all is good. So, for now I will simply tap on the text I've been dictating and won't lose my work.