Voice to text sucks now

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Anyone else notice that dictating to Siri hardly ever works anymore? She hears me just fine, but when finished erases like 75% of the words. In general she's also understanding me way worse too, but losing words she's already heard is the worst part of it.

I've attached a GIF to show you what I'm talking about. It's been doing this for about 2 months now but I don't think it started with iOS 12.

Attachments

Strider64

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
Hmm? Siri is actually understand me better for the most part, but there are times that the A.I. still gets confused. However, I have come to expect it.

Love Divine

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2014
I experienced the same thing today - slow to understand and very poor transcription. Constantly deleting and re-encoding.

The built in voice to text (not “enhanced dictation” as I used above aka send to Apple servers aka Siri) worked way better. Thus, it might be a server side issue.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
Anyone else notice that dictating to Siri hardly ever works anymore? She hears me just fine, but when finished erases like 75% of the words. In general she's also understanding me way worse too, but losing words she's already heard is the worst part of it.

I've attached a GIF to show you what I'm talking about. It's been doing this for about 2 months now but I don't think it started with iOS 12.
YEA!!! I was on a iphone 6s when I started noticing this!!! OUt of nowhere. I don't think it started with ios 12 cause I was on 11 at the time.