Voicemail button dials voicemail, does not alert to new messages

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xirian, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Xirian macrumors member

Hi, I bought a 3g iphone today. When I tap the voicemail icon for visual voicemail, it dials to my voicemail instead of bringing up the voicemail screen. the mailbox is set up, and has a password. I called att and they were unable to fix it. I tried calling my own number from the phone, and instead of prompting me to listen to my messages, it asks me to leave a message. I was under the assumption that it should see Im calling from the number the mailbox is tied to and let me listen instead?

I've tried restarting, resetting the network settings, restoring the software, having them delete the mailbox. Nothing worked. Does anyone have any other ideas? The only other thing I could think of would be because I'm in a previous cell one area, but that shouldn't affect it I'd hope.

2. Xirian thread starter macrumors member

nevermind, I just left it alone all night, when I woke up I called voicemail and hung up, then clicked the button and it worked.