Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k.j

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I went today to set up my voicemail and I can't. I select the button and it lights up but it doesn't show voicemail it just shows the screen is was on (favorites, contacts, etc..) Any thoughts? I already tried syncing with my computer and restarting the phone.

k.j

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I don't think that is the problem because it worked fine on my first iPhone and i live in a big city. But I'll call just to see.

Wailord

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2007
Gah, just made a thread like this, my bad. I'm having the same exact problem. Anyone restored yet?

ramblintoad

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
I had this problem. Call your iPhone's number through your iPhone and you will recieve yoru voicemail set up. Go through the options until you get to the change voicemail password. Do it, and then hang up. Now when you click voicemail, It will say wrong password. Enter the one you just selected when you called your phone. Tada, it now works.

hsleiman

macrumors regular
May 30, 2008
Morgantown, WV
I had this problem too. A "quick":rolleyes: call to ATT solved it. Just tell them your problem and they will reset your voicemail account or something like that.

antsh

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2007
San Francisco
I had this problem when I just got my iPhone 3G whereas my dad did not with his new 3G iPhone. All I had to do was call my own number and it took me to voicemail. I had to set it up the "old fashioned" way by typing in a password etc, but right after that it started working perfectly. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.