Voicemail issued

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by fjd726, Aug 16, 2016.

1. fjd726 macrumors regular

I swap out between the iphone and nexus 6P every now and then and am having issues getting voicemail notifications after swapping the sim. I have Verizon and in the past, I use to just get a text with a bunch of letters and numbers letting me know there is an actual voicemail.

Lately, no notification or text comes in letting me know there is a message in voicemail. Anyone here experience this? I have to constantly call Verizon to have them reset the voicemail for the phone I currently have the sim card in. Very frustrating.

2. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

Have you tried using Verizon's voicemail app on your 6P? This worked when I had a 6p but I didn't switch between iPhone and the 6P at that time, just a few different android phones and used Verizon's visual voicemail app depending on which android phone I was using.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.visualvoicemail

3. fjd726 thread starter macrumors regular

I have and it didnt help, each time I change back to the iphone, they have to reset it back from scratch.

4. co.ag.2005 macrumors 68000

co.ag.2005

ah, gotcha. I'm not sure then. I haven't been sim swapping from iPhone to Android since I've been on Verizon. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Not sure how it's like on Verizon, but on AT&T I know if I switch phones my voice-mail would reset because the iphone has a specific visual voice-mail add on, so when I used android it would sometimes still have that add on and it would try to send iphone voice-mail and I wouldn't get it. And sometimes the opposite was true, though on the iphone I would at least get the voice-mail notification but would have to dial in to listen.

For this reason I started using Google voice for my voice-mail. Works great on android, and when using my iPhone I use the Google voice app.