Voicemail notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by str0ppy, Jul 29, 2010.

1. str0ppy macrumors member

I am on O2 in the UK, with an iPhone 3G. I have just downgraded from 4.0.1 to 3.1.2.

I received a voicemail this morning, but no pop up notification, just the sound that a text would make followed by a red dot on the phone icon.

Am I going mad, or should there be a pop up notification (a text or push notification)?

Thanks.

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Sometimes i get a Pop up notifications that i have a voicemail.. like one of those PUSH notifications..

Then the red-dot appears on the phone icon. What i found out tho is that there is a problem atleast with Rogers that red-dot. Leave yourself a voicemail.. go in and check, delete the voicemail and it should get rid of that dot.

But the problem with me is that as soon as i reboot the device the dot comes back on again??

Just terrible id go for a week without realizing i have a voicemail because that red dot would always be on and i wouldnt get any pop ups or anything..

3. str0ppy thread starter macrumors member

I don't seem to be getting those push notifications at all. Could it be the OS I am on?

4. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

No probably not.. I didnt get them while on 3 or 4.. So its a hit or miss with it.

Some people say it has to do with the age of your simcard? Maybe your simcard is old.. i know mine sure is thats why it was acting all funky possible