voicemail on unlocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by the1payday, Sep 23, 2007.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

I'm planning on getting an iPhone and unlocking it to At&t...I know that visual voicemail will not work on an onlocked iPhone....is there still a way to check your voicemail though? I don't really care if I can physically see my messages in order, but I do definitely need a way to check them somehow.

2. mani macrumors member

Sure. It was surprisingly easy for me: I just popped in my own SIM card and pressed the voicemail button and it would automatically call the right number.

3. the1payday thread starter macrumors 6502

the1payday

Thanks man....that's all I needed to know. Visual voicemail is kind of pointless for me anyways, seeing as how I delete 90% of my messages the moment after I listen to them.

4. LCaller macrumors regular

OK that doesn't work for all carriers. Normally the voicemail button does nothing. To program the voicemail button you simple go to the phone menu and dial : *5005*86* Your Voice mail Number # so for O2 in the UK it'll be *5005*86*901# then send . Done !

5. Wildsearch macrumors newbie

Hi,

Do you know what is the voicemail number for ATT/Cingular in the US?
    I'm with ATT but don't have visual voicemail. I just want the voicemail button to work on my regular voice mail.

6. imperium macrumors newbie