Voicemail Password Keeps Popping Up After Calls...?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Snowman3459, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

This has been an issue with my 3G since I got the phone. (About 2 years ago)

Everytime I end a call a screen will show up asking me to enter my voice mail password. If I click cancel it will show up again once more, another cancel, and it will go away. But if I enter something and click ok, it will just keep coming back.

Here's the thing though...I don't have a voice mail password.

My visual voice mail does not work and my phone will not tell me if I have a voice mail or not. I called my voice mail and went to the option to turn off my voice mail password, yet it didn't do anything.

I tried making a password then getting rid of it, hard reset, restore, everything and nothing seems to work. I was hoping iOS4 would do something to fix it but no luck.

Also, this screen will also show up if I have no service and then regain it. (It also tells me if I have a voice mail only if I have no service, which is pretty much never).

Any ideas?

2. inferno10 macrumors newbie

Make a voicemail password then when that prompt comes in, type in the voicemail password and press OK. That should store the passcode in the phone and give you access to visual voicemail. If it doesn't resolve your issue, I'd call 611 and have a rep check your account to see if something is not correctly configured.

- Jason

3. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't work.

When I call my voice mail and go into the options to turn my voice mail password on or off, it keeps saying press 2 to turn on the voice mail password. Yet this thing is technically already turned on.

I guess I have to call.

4. YesitsaniPhone4 macrumors newbie

My wife had the same problem, so she called 611 and went through the menu, and within a minute ATT texted her a temporary voicemail code, and other than having to redo her vm greeting, this solved the problem (thanks Jason).

5. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

Same problem and I just called 611. Be prepared to use another phone if you have one as you will need to shut down the iPhone and repower while talking to the rep. He volunteered to call me on the land line so it went quickly. I wasn't on hold ten seconds with AT&T.

6. AirBornOne macrumors newbie