Voicemail problem...any ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajj06830, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ajj06830 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I just looked at my phone, and something funny is going on. All of my voicemails have been deleted, with red notification circles on both the phone and voicemail icons. Anyone see this before? Any clue what it is?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
  2. christall109 macrumors 6502

Weird.

I would recommend restarting the phone and if the problem persist, its nothing a little restore won't fix.

If you back up your phone you should have everything, including the voicemail that may have been lost.

3. RonCarr macrumors regular

RonCarr

It's because you have no service. The voicemail app cannot dial in to access the voicemail server. See, your saved messages are not saved on your phone, even though it seems like they are. The phone is just pulling the info from the server. The blank red badge is just letting you know that visual voicemail is not accessible at the moment and that you have saved messages on the server.

4. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

Now that is interesting and something you don't see every day. Try restarting the phone, also is it giving you any error messages or requests for a log in to your voicemail box?

5. ajj06830 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies, I got it all figured out. I have NO idea what it actually was (I'm assuming just some sort of random glitch). I was down in my basement, where I have no service (yet this hasn't happened before). After I came back upstairs and had full service, the problem still persisted. Eventually it prompted me for my voicemail password, yet when I typed it in, it told me that it wasn't the right password. I eventually just reset my password (called 611, blah blah blah) and it reset, voicemails came back, etc. Weird...

Thanks anyways!

6. maokh macrumors 6502

This one is pretty simple. The phone has received a voicemail indication via SMS, but it has not been able to contact the voicemail server on APN "acds.voicemail" in order to determine how many. visual voicemail is basically a web service that runs on a non-standard port (TCP 5400).

This can happen in poor signal areas where it cant quite connect to the voicemail server and non-data coverage areas/voice only locations.

99% of the time, this is caused when you pop in and out of coverage. maybe 1% if visual voicemail is acting up?

7. aphexii macrumors 6502

Your iPhone was protesting how low you let its battery go :)