Voicemail Red Dot

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by j5tar, Oct 9, 2009.

1. j5tar macrumors newbie

I have normal voicemail on my iPhone (not Visual Voicemail) but when I get a new voice message, is the red circle suppose to have a number inside of it? For some reason when I get new voice messages, it just displays the red circle dot but no number inside of it. Is this normal for regular voicemail or do the numbers show up only when you have visual voicemail?

This is what it looks like for "VISUAL Voicemail, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1486 it displays the # of unheard messages. So does this work for REGULAR voicemail as well?

2. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

It only shows the red dot when you don't have visual voicemail.

3. j5tar thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought I saw a number in it before. Anyone else have this issue?

4. roblawton macrumors 6502

You may have seen a number in the red badge when you had a missed call or something similar.

You will get the empty red badge if you don't have visual voicemail (or don't have a data connection to access it)

hope this helps,

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Like rodman and jlawton have said, you'll only see a number in the red circle over the voicemail tab if you have visual voicemail. Otherwise, it will just be an empty red circle when you have a voicemail waiting. I see this on my jailbroken/unlocked first-gen iPhone with a pre-paid T-Mobile card (no cellular data), whereas I see a number within the circle on my primary iPhone 3GS on AT&T with visual voicemail.