Voicemail won't set up on 6s *PLEASE HELP!!*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple!Fre@k, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Apple!Fre@k macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I got an iPhone 6s about a month ago and my visual voicemail has never worked and has been stuck on the set up screen. I can call in and access my voicemail just fine, but when I tap on Voicemail it shows a Set Up Now button. I push that and then select default voicemail and then it says "Setting up voicemail..." and then that screen just stays like that for a long time and then finally reverts to the Set Up Now button.

Have tried everything. Have reset network settings on the iPhone, turned WiFi off while doing it, nothing. It can never seem to set up. I called Verizon and they said they only thing left to do is do a full reset and restore of the phone. I feel there must be some other way. I don't want to have to delete everything on my iPhone. It's a 128GB model and will take DAYS to re-download everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get my visual voicemail working? I'd be ENORMOUSLY grateful!!!!

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

3. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean Cellular Data? Yes, I do.

4. rzc16512 macrumors regular

Try resetting your voicemail password on my Verizon if they still call it that. When I was with Verizon I had the same problem and resetting my password somehow fixed it.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I had to reset my voicemail passcode on AT&T to get the phone to pop up and ask for my passcode for visual voicemail.

6. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Me too.Called Apple and they went through checks and decided it was a Carrier issue.Turns out it was after all.(AT&T).

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You need to go back to your carrier and make sure they have you set up for VVM.

8. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

Done. Same issue. :(
    --- Post Merged, Jan 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 5, 2016 ---
    Verizon troubleshooted it and said everything was set up fine on their end and it's a problem with the phone, which I don't really believe.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think you need to call Verizon and escalate past the bottom tier support people.

10. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

They did that. Their team investigated over several days and came back and said their network is fine, my account is fine, it's set up for visual voicemail and the problem is with my phone. I don't know what to do. It's a small problem, but really sucks as I hate calling in to listen to my voicemails like it's the 1990s.

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I had the same exact problem at AT&T and they kept telling me that it was my phone and not them. When I demanded they give me another phone which I had only had for a week, they all of a sudden found out what was wrong. They never told me but I got a text saying my problem was fixed and my VVM set up instantly.

I do not think your phone is the problem, wish you had a spare to see.

12. rzc16512 macrumors regular

You can try settings->general->reset network settings if you haven't already. Or try settings -> general -> reset settings. The latter will reset your privacy settings (location services) and things like wallpaper and icon layout but will not delete apps or their data

13. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I had an issue setting up my VZW VVM once and called Verizon support. They had me reset network settings and everything worked fine after that.

14. Apple!Fre@k thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried that. They advised me to reset my network settings and I did that. Which kind of sucked because then your phone forgets every single WiFi password you've ever stored. But I did it and it didn't do ****.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 6, 2016 ---
    Yeah, I feel like it's something on Verizon's end, but I've had two lengthy calls with their tech support people and they tell me everything is fine so I don't know what the heck to do at this point.

15. rzc16512 macrumors regular

If you have a Verizon store nearby then I can give you something to try. I can PM you an ESN to use (it's for an iPhone 4) or use an ESN from an old iPhone. You then would need to go to the Verizon store and get a SIM card (I think Apple carries them as well) and re-activate the iPhone 6. This will re-provision the device which might fix it. Otherwise you are going to have to restore your phone.

16. techspin macrumors 6502a

I had this frustrating issue with AT&T. It was resolved by resetting voicemail settings on their end. I believe it was somehow caused by lingering settings from my previous iPhone.