Voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I have a question regarding the voicemail with AT&T. My wife has a iPhone 4 and its time to replace it for another one. The situation is that she has important voicemails that she can't loose. So by upgrading to the iPhone 5 will she loose all her voicemail? What can we do to make sure that she still has the voicemails once the upgrade is done?

2. GoDuke1 macrumors member

The VM's should be on the server, so an upgrade shouldn't change that, unless you're also changing phone providers.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Have her backup her phone, then when she gets the new one restore it from the backup

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

They should stick around if she restores from a backup. And she shouldn't *lose them.

5. tboyd37 macrumors newbie

I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 in December and all voicemails remained intact however I'm with Verizon.. It could vary from carrier to carrier so the backup suggested earlier is probably the best thing u can do.. If u do upgrade and they don't carry over contact customer service and let them know.. They may b able to restore the older messages.. Hope this helps u :)

6. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Voice mails are with the AT&T's computers, not on your phone. VM = tied to your service ph#, not your phone.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

VM isn't stored on your phone. Think about it. If you lose coverage or turn off your device people can still reach VM. VM is a carrier feature (unless you're using another VM service).