Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I have a question regarding the voicemail with AT&T. My wife has a iPhone 4 and its time to replace it for another one. The situation is that she has important voicemails that she can't loose. So by upgrading to the iPhone 5 will she loose all her voicemail? What can we do to make sure that she still has the voicemails once the upgrade is done?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have a question regarding the voicemail with AT&T. My wife has a iPhone 4 and its time to replace it for another one. The situation is that she has important voicemails that she can't loose. So by upgrading to the iPhone 5 will she loose all her voicemail? What can we do to make sure that she still has the voicemails once the upgrade is done?

Have her backup her phone, then when she gets the new one restore it from the backup

Comment

tboyd37

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2012
brownsville pa
I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 in December and all voicemails remained intact however I'm with Verizon.. It could vary from carrier to carrier so the backup suggested earlier is probably the best thing u can do.. If u do upgrade and they don't carry over contact customer service and let them know.. They may b able to restore the older messages.. Hope this helps u :)

Comment

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Voice mails are with the AT&T's computers, not on your phone. VM = tied to your service ph#, not your phone.

Comment

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
VM isn't stored on your phone. Think about it. If you lose coverage or turn off your device people can still reach VM. VM is a carrier feature (unless you're using another VM service).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.