Voiceover annoying glitch

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Footynutguy, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Footynutguy macrumors newbie

hi,

A lot of blind people, such as myself, rely on voiceover to use our devices but there an annoying glitch that gets in the way. When a notification comes in whilst reading something else, it decides to read it and then you have to start from the beginning of whatever the device was reading. Is there a way to delay these notifications until it's finished reading the first item? I know I could turn the notifications off first but unless there's a shortcut for that then it's a real pain. Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can potentially enable Do Not Disturb and then disable it later when you don't need it. It's accessible from Siri and via Control Center, as far as hopefully being able to enable or disable it fairly quickly. That should basically stop all notifications from showing up and making sounds while Do Not Disturb is enabled.

You'd want to set up its options ahead of time so that it applies when the phone is unlocked as well, and you can have it set so that calls come through if you want, so that you don't miss those while you are using it.