VoiceOver Kit 1.4.1 for iPod shuffle 4th gen

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Slix, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

So I just got a used iPod shuffle 4th gen and everything works, except I can't enable VoiceOver for it. I check the option to enable VoiceOver and press Apply, and it asks me to download and install the VoiceOver update. I agree and it appears to download, but then gives me the error, "iTunes was unable to install the VoiceOver Kit. An unknown error occurred (1701)." I have a MacBook Air running the current iTunes and the iPod's software is up to date as well.

After searching around the internet for a while for a fix, I've been unsuccessful, and came here. Any ideas? Anyone have the VoiceOver Kit for Mac I could try?

Thanks in advance!

2. norneDK, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013

norneDK macrumors member

I'm getting the same error on my 2010 MacBook Pro running Mavericks, iTunes etc. up to date:-(

3. cooper82 macrumors newbie

Same setup, bought new shuffle today and get the same error. Can't find an answer anywhere. Let me know if you have any success. Many thanks.

4. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

Count me in! VoiceOver is borked on my shuffle after installing Mavericks. The update will not install - I get the same error.

Will follow this thread for solutions!

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

We don't need it, it's an old update from 2011 that is showing up as an error.

6. Slix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Slix

VoiceOver will not activate on the shuffle though, so the update is necessary to enable VoiceOver for it. Without it checked all it will do is tell you the playlists on the iPod. VoiceOver will allow you to hear the name of the song, artist, etc.

7. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

so everyones having this issue. at least its not just me... sigh
    i wonder how long this one will take them to fix.

8. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

I manage to get my voice over working by booting up an old installation of snow leopard. I used the same version of iTunes as mavericks uses and it worked straight away. So this must be a mavericks issue

9. wweber macrumors newbie

Same here: managed to successfully install VoiceKit 1.4.1 on a Shuffle 4G using Mountain Lion with iTunes 10.6.3 - had to wipe a spare 10.9 MacBook and re-install ML, but it was totally worth it :)

10. ryedarrow macrumors member

Same issue here

let me know if anyone finds a workaround

11. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

does anyone know if the latest update of itunes 10.1.13 has fixed the issue?

12. ryanasimov macrumors regular

Nope, the error is still present with 11.1.3.

13. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Same issue here, tried via windows partition- no problems, However after enabling voicekit via windows and then connecting via mac iTunes it gives some glitches and voiceover kit disables by its own. Report to Apple, doing everyday

14. KRivers macrumors member

KRivers

rejoice peoples!!! its working again in the latest itunes on mavericks.

15. Slix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Slix