VoIP for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by idoobi, Jun 20, 2013.

1. idoobi macrumors newbie

hey guys. i'm trying to make international calls without breaking the bank, so i was wondering what voip app you guys use on your iphone. i've tried skype, but it seems pretty expensive for someone who just makes the occasional call (they charge a connection fee! :mad: friends told me to try viber.. but then i realized it can't make landline calls (i'm calling older relatives who are NOT tech-savvy).. so far the only promising one seems to be global call (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/globalcall-free-$1.50-credit/id577717588?l=en&mt=8)

i want to try a few more before i settle down and charge actual money on an app... so what do you guys use for international calls?

ps: if you're curious about global call, they give you $1.50 for free anyways to try it out, check it out... it's decent.... well, the calls seem pretty clear to me anyways

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

3. Haximus macrumors newbie

Sweet app bro. Thanks. I just used up all my credits and tried making a new id to see if i get the 1.50 again but no luck :(. This app needs way more dloads.

4. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

5. Haximus macrumors newbie

Google voice is lame bro. It probably has the most disconnects out of all the apps.

6. Haximus macrumors newbie

new promotion

oh, idoobi,

I'm not sure if you were aware but ppl on here might not. They have this promotion going on where if you buy credits, you get bonus credits depending on how much you buy. Pretty sweet deal.

Global Call Promotion

7. AaliaBabe macrumors newbie

VoIP For iPhone

You can try VoxOx and Vbuzzer with typically cheaper rates than Skype.