VoIP for Small Business?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by iJon, Nov 25, 2011.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Hey guys,

Does anyone here have any experience using VoIP technologies at their business?

I'm going to be starting a new business in a few months with my friends and have been interested in going with VoIP versus traditional phone lines as the past. The more I research about VoIP the more I realize I don't know and there seems to be a gazillion companies offering services.

Many companies seem to have lots of features, but many of them also have poor customer service reviews from customers which is something I will not accept.

The company that keeps catching my eyes would be Nextiva. Anyone have any experience with these?

I know there are better boards to ask these specific questions but I value my fellow Mac friends advice. Any information will be very appreciated.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't have any experience with Nextiva, but usually in major cities you can call various VoIP companies and meet or talk to a sales representative or "engineer" to discuss the best solution for your situation. I'm partial to Asterisk-based PBXs as they generally play nice with most of the common VoIP phones, plus it's not too difficult to get familiarized with on a basic level so you ask better questions.