Voltage drop question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by smiddleton, Feb 27, 2012.

1. smiddleton macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I am still sort of new to the ios developer world. I hope this is the right forum discussion area, I have never posted on this forum before and this seemed the best place to start. If it is not the right place please forgive me and point me in the right direction, thanks. Now to the problem. If I understand correctly, the touch screen measures where the touch is by measuring the voltage drop created when the finger touches the screen and then logs the location of that touch event.

I was wondering if there is any way to display the value of that voltage drop some place on the iphone screen when or as that voltage drop occurs. I imagine it would be in millivolts, I just need to see what it is and keep track of it as it happens. I am not sure how to do this though. Any help or advice that points me in the right direction would really help me out. It seems like it shouldn't be too hard to do. Is there an API for that or maybe a simple way to do it that I can't see? Thanks in advance for the help.

Sincerely,
    Smiddleton

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Welcome to MR,

Not that I'm aware of that you could get the technical details of a touch in that low level. There might be private API around but you would not allowed to submit an app while using it.
    I assume you want to measure the pressure of a touch ?

3. smiddleton thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I am not interested in measuring pressure of a touch. Even if I could count the quantity of voltage drops when a touch occurs, that might work.