Volume adjusting when creating movies/dvds

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by masscub, Jan 14, 2012.

1. masscub macrumors member

I created a movie/dvd with iMovie and iDVD. The volume on the dvd was kind of low and it had nothing to do with the tv/dvd volume. Is there a way to adjust the volume when creating a movie? Do I adjust it in iDvd or iMovie?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

In iMovie. iDVD just takes what you created i iMovie.

3. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Just turn the TV up then. When something like this happens, how are we supposed to know what equipment you have? (not meaning it in a rude way). And "kinda low", seems like a personal preference. I will try and narrow a little bit of it down from what i know about it.
    Do you use DVDR single layer disc? Have to tried to play in more than one DVD player? When your playing DVD (on TV), is the audio in menu screen a lot louder than movie? Does the video graphic's seem to be a little lower too?

The settings in imovie are set very nice automatically for the normal user. i normally export all of my work to QuickTime player first though (burn DVDs later when needed), and then to iTunes,Documents,iDVD,etc. You can at least look at settings by doing this, Export to QuickTime Player. This link might give you some other ideas too on looking up tweeks & tips from other Google search's.
    I know it can be frustrating to get it all ideal, but trial and error is learning your equipment. You can also try some differant burners if it's that big of a deal. Roxio toast is a great program. I hope this helps you, and you get it figured out. :cool: