Volume at max...!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ivanwi11iams, Sep 23, 2017.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Has anyone noticed that often the ringer volume is at maximum?

And, this is even if I have it on four bars. This seems to happen after it has disconnected from Bluetooth via my car.

It does the same on my missus iPhone 7 Plus, and she doesn’t even connect to my car. She connects to her own car.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Hmm, not many people connect this device(s) to their car?
    And if you do, do you ever notice the ringer volume being at maximum when you get out of the car?

3. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

No, I have my phone on silent/vibrate 99% of the time. I use the mute switch if I want full ringer volume, the volume buttons only control the actual volume for me.

4. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I just got off the phone with Apple support:

As per Apple support: when you exit your car, if your iPhone was connected via Bluetooth, the ringer volume will automatically set itself to MAXIMUM.

I've never noticed this till today. My missus has complained about this for months. I typically use vibrate only. But, I was testing today, and it happened to me, too. Apple say this is as expected. Why on earth would I want my ringer at MAXIMUM? Well, Bueller?

Honestly...

5. georgejr macrumors newbie

This never happens to me. Bluetooth is always on and no issues with the volume ever changing. Always connects to my Mazda. IPhone 6.