Volume booster?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stainlessliquid, Jun 7, 2010.

1. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Is there a way to boost the volume on the MBP? Apple doesnt give you nearly enough power for the speakers, they limit the max volume to still be safe even with a perfect audio source. Doing this screws you when you are dealing with a less than perfect audio source, like something on Youtube with the audio levels way too low.

2. mudwoman22 macrumors member

hey...we were just talking about this in my thread here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=930594

our conclusions...: no, there's nothing really besides getting external speakers....and audio highjack (expensive if you buy...but you can get a freetrial)...I haven't tested a.h yet...good luck :)

oh! and: VLC does wonders for some stuff :)

3. techknock macrumors newbie

You can go for Boom. Check my reply on other thread :)

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm using a trial of this now, it's awesome! I'll probably purchase :)

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

6. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

will using things like 'boom' damage the speakers?

7. techknock, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

techknock macrumors newbie

It wouldn't if we use it just where it's required to boost the sound. There is a main volume controller to adjust the whole volume output. I have tested it on my macbook, headphone, boosted music on my iPod, YouTube videos, skype calls, games Call of Duty, it works perfect. :)

8. techknock macrumors newbie

I finally did purchase it a few hours ago :D Now am a proud owner of Boom and booming away to glory and showing off big time to my friends :p :D They're probably getting annoyed with me now (Evil laugh) Muwaaha

9. Hanuman.c macrumors newbie

In itunes you can go into the equalizer and get another 12 dB, but it starts to distort.

But that won't help you in youtube.