Volume Button Jacked on 4s, Exchange Situation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobt, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bobt macrumors regular

I received my preordered iPhone 4S when they came out a week ago. Starting yesterday, the volume up button seems to be shorted out intermittently. I first noticed it when using the camera function and it kept taking photos without pushing the button. It is also taking the volume up to max occasionally when listening to music or turning up the ringer volume to max.

So, any possible quick fixes that anyone might know of short of a trip to an Apple Store? The closest for me is an hour away and I'm concerned that they won't be able to duplicate since it is an intermittent problem or that they won't have one in stock to do an exchange.

2. miraclehobo macrumors member

3. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Call that store. Just because they have no sale stock doesn't mean they don't keep replacement stock.

4. bobt thread starter macrumors regular

Will do. Probably my easiest option and it seems to be doing it all the time now. I'm wondering if this was a much of a problem with the iPhone 4 or just fluke with mine.

----------

Funny.

5. hollowplayer macrumors regular

call apple, dont bring to genius bar. They will come up with all sorta excuses, i brought in release day 4s with wiggling home button they said its normal but my 4 3gs 3 were all solid.

6. bobt thread starter macrumors regular

Any idea how they are handling exchanges? I'm hoping the will do a cross ship even if they need to put a credit card hold until they get the other one back.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

They have new units to replace.

I've had 2 this week so I know!!

8. hollowplayer macrumors regular

two options, express replacement which cost 29.99(650 holding on your cc) they send you the phone first and then send it back with their prepaid label. Or you can send it to apple first with their ups label and then they ship you the phone. Do it asap so you can get a new replacement unit instead of refurbished unit when they pull in from repairing factory.