Volume button jumps are to big

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by retepppank, Apr 10, 2008.

1. retepppank macrumors newbie

You can change the volume when you are using the iphone as an ipod by pressing the outside volume buttons. This is nice because nearly all Albums on my iPod have different levels...

Is there a way to manipulate something like a .plist to change the jump each klick on the volume button makes? It is really a big jump. It feels like "the right" volume for me is always between two jumps.

Tried the searching but nothing found so far.

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

You could try using Sound Check. That (I believe) is supposed to make all your music have the same perceived volume.

3. retepppank thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I thougth about using such a program but don't want to manipulate each recording/file like this... Sometimes I want to hear something a bit louder. And than the steps are really really to big.

But, thank you.

4. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Oh, okay. Well when in the iPod app I think the touch volume control can be more finely adjusted. Although I imagine it isn't much help if you have big fingers.

5. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Different headphones with a seperate volume control?

Maybe a program like MP3gain, where you can set the gain levels to all the same for all your mp3s, or just the ones you want at a louder volume.

6. Mac In School macrumors 65816

MP3Gain is an amazing app. Anything like it exist for the Mac platform? I'm looking for something that does the exact same thing to the files, so my new music matches up with my older, Windows-processed music.

7. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I agree that the volume jumps are too big. I'm allowed to listen to music in some of my classes and some songs are louder than others and I always worry it's too loud and people can hear it...

Thanks to those with the suggested programs...