Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
I noticed yesterday that my - Volume button wasn't working. It still clicks just as well as the + button, but nothing happens. After messing around with it (power off/on, hard reset, and pressing really, really hard) I got it to work, but if I leave the phone alone for a few minutes and come back, it stops working once again. Do you guys think this is a hardware or a software issue? If it's software I'll wait it out, but if it's hardware I think I need to make a trip to Apple.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
That's the button that can be used for the camera shutter release. Try it there. If still no good then have Apple replace it as it is surely a hardware problem. :apple:

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
That's the button that can be used for the camera shutter release. Try it there. If still no good then have Apple replace it as it is surely a hardware problem. :apple:

What? His buttons are not working. Doesn't matter if it works while using the camera if you can't adjust the volume. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
restore the phone, if it works I just saved you almost an hour depending on how far you live from the apple store. They will restore the phone first and if the issue persists then they will replace it, company policy. Unless your phone has been like scratched out of the box or some physical issue or hardware issue.

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
Before going to Apple I restored and still no dice, so I took it in and they gave me a replacement :) Lucky for me I live about 5 minutes from a retail store. Thanks for the input!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.