Volume control in the menu bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by everydayss, Mar 9, 2008.

1. everydayss macrumors newbie

I'm looking for some sort of program that'll let me control each individual application's volume in the menu bar. say i have safari and iTunes open and would like to listen to my music in iTunes and turn down safari's volume to get rid of distractions (like myspace crap or ads that say i've won a free iPhone).
    or say i have safari open doing defensive driving, so i go open up firefox to go watch youtube videos or something. i want to turn down DD, or safari, without turning down the entire computer's volume.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

There's an app called Detour but I think it's PPC only.

Hold on

3. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Thanks for that, but it is only for PPCs :( No good on my Intel based machine.

Just saw your edit :)

4. bartelby macrumors Core

As far as I can tell there's no equivilent for Intel based Macs. That can't be right, it's a great little app...

5. everydayss thread starter macrumors newbie

that can't be right! or at least i hope it's not. i've searched for a little over an hour now and can't seem to find anything.
    i used to know someone who had this program, but 1)he was using a powerbook so it could've been detour and 2) i don't even know where that guy is anymore to ask him!
    let's continue to work, people! :)