Volume control & network issues after upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AnnaK78, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AnnaK78 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a one year old iMac OS X. I recently I upgraded to 10.6.8 and installed a new graphics tablet. Since then two things have happened.

One - my volume controls F10/F11/F12 stop working after a while. Sometimes five minutes after turning on the computer, sometimes an hour, sometimes all is good till I turn the computer off. The keys haven't been reassigned - the volume change icon appears when I use the buttons however nothing happens. I can change the volume in the System Preferences though.

Two - I started having issues with my network connection. Every now and then, after turning the computer on, I get a message saying "Network Connection Failed" even though I have not changed anything, the router
    works fine and other computers in the house can connect without issues. I have used the PRAM option and that fixes the problem till next time. I use a cable connection and connect through the PPPoE service.

Any suggestion on how to fix these issues will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Anna

2. srbhkool macrumors newbie

Why not give it to the Apple Store, if it is still under warranty?

3. AnnaK78 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not anymore. To be more specific I bought the iMac in late September of last year which makes it 1 year and two months old (more or less). The issues started appearing so soon after the warranty ended...

4. AnnaK78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed?

The problem seems to have resolved itself after I created a new PPPoE connection and when I uninstalled DIVX (a program which I've updated on the same day). So far I had no issues with either Volume Control or the Network Connection. :)