volume controls for bluetooth speakers?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Fonzmeister, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Fonzmeister macrumors member

Yes,

A) i know iOS implementation of AVRCP is limited to play and pause,
    B) i've spent a couple of days googling around, and i found out about Music Control app, witch isn't what i need.

I have a Sony Ericsson MBS-100 speaker that doesn't have volume control buttons. While paired via bluetooth, any way to change the output volume? iTunes won't alow it. This sucks. I must wait for iOS 4.1?

Any hacks available?

2. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

why don't you use jailbird?

3. Fonzmeister thread starter macrumors member

Isn't jailbird a jb tool for windows?

How's that gonna help? My iPad is already jailbroken.

4. crh3ff macrumors member

Jaybird is what he means. They've got a $5.99 app that lets you control music using just the play/pause function in different sets of taps to make it go forward or back. (http://www.jaybirdgear.com/blutrax/)

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

But you can do track control from the iPad, what it doesn't do is volume control through bluetooth. Defeats the purpose when you have to get up and walk over to the speaker unit every time you want to change volume.

6. Fonzmeister thread starter macrumors member

7. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

personally, I wish they never made bluetooth audio volume an option on the device's end on the iPhone. I used to really like only controlling the volume in one place while in the car (on the head unit). Now I have to balance the output volume and the volume on the head unit.

is there any way to revert it to how it was in iOS 3.x ?

8. crh3ff macrumors member

4.1 for the iPhone. What number for the iPad? Since it started at 3.2, will the first iOS 4 release for the iPad be 4.2? hm...

9. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

I just installed via a Jailbroken iPhone 2G (16GB) an app from a repository that added the missing A2DP bluetooth profile and it allowed me to control the volume to an external bluetooth speaker (using the phone's volume control). I was surprised it allowed for the control.

If one were to search for it, the app is "A2DP Enabler". The attributed author's page is here: http://www.dmytro.me/2009/10/a2dp-enabler-for-iphone-2g-original.html

And it looks like "Music Controls" from the BigBoss repository could fill in the missing extra controls, although this looks like a purchase through Cydia. ($4.99)

10. Fonzmeister thread starter macrumors member

iPhone started on 4.0, iPad should see the 4.1 in first hand (i hope).

11. pidge1114 macrumors newbie

this thread is a little confusing...

Are we saying that the BigBoss music controls does in fact bring back the bluetooth volume control on the iPad?

While I am not using external speakers, this could be what I am looking for with my bluetooth headset.

12. GinoDotCom macrumors regular

Www.Sonos.com

Seriously, the best money ever spent if you're especially into wireless music controlled from an idevice via wifi.