volume down on no touchbar 2016 13" not responding/lag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Mar 7, 2017.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

it responds, but sometimes I have to press multiple times to respond or it'll stop responding to holding it down

always been this way since 10.12 onwards

anyone else?

I dont know that its a physical hardware problem though because it seems intermittent, and like volume up is always punchy but volume down has lag sorta?

2. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

also its hard to describe, but its like jumpy,

and sometimes holding down volume, it'll stop recognizing. then wait until the display of volume down goes away, and hit the key again and starts again

no way I think ill bother with a keyboard swap/repair, because if thats the most problematic key and problematic keys are common, id rather it be that than a letter.

still works, just finnicky

ill also throw AppleCare on this first gen product before the year is up, assuming I keep this model (which I dunno why I wouldn't, love the screen/body, etc and the keyboard is nice overall

3. thadoggfather, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

yep so its definitely hardware and not hardware just as an update

right side of volume down button almost never responds,

but if I click left it almost always responds, a little finicky with repeated presses. but consistently will bring down volume if I hold down left side of volume down key without fail,

ill just deal for now, I dont want a replacement bottom/keyboard for a letter key to not be working and in repair hell / without my computer for too long a period of time

I only say that because I've been in repair hell before, and its not really feasible not having my only computer anymore in the shop over and over again

if anything ill disclose it when selling if I upgrade, or otherwise, ill slap AppleCare on this puppy and call it a day, for peace of mind