Volume glitch after watching movie

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ProMod, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ProMod macrumors 6502a

I noticed something weird with my iPad's sound volume. After watching a movie in the built-in videos app, all sounds, like keyboard clicks, locking sound, etc. are dramatically louder. Probably twice as loud. The volume slider hasn't been moved or anything. The only way to get it back to normal is a restart.

Anyone else noticing this? Maybe give it a shot and see if yours does the same thing?

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Happened to me yesterday. I noticed when I was locking and it was full volume. Even if I decreased my volume to 1.

3. sekazi macrumors 6502

This has not happened to me but the iPad does have 2 volume sliders. One for the applications and one for system sounds. This is just like the iPhone. Quite annoying if you ask me.

I would check the Sounds if this happens again.

4. ProMod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes I'm aware of that. What I'm saying is that ALL volume, no matter what you do, is at like 200% of max. You can toggle the system volume down, adjust it with the buttons, change the volume in the Videos app, anything, and it stays the same. The only fix is a restart.

5. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

The issue might be the new "feature" that came with iOS 5.1 which said something about "increasing the volume of movies and tv programs". I have a feeling that for some reason, once you watch a movie, the iPad does not default back to the original volume levels. Try quitting the application which you used to watch the movie.

6. ProMod thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're right, that is listed in the iOS 5.1 release notes, and is probably the source of the problem. No dice on quitting the application though. Crazy volume levels remain after closing the Apple "Videos" app in the multitasking bar.

7. Loiterer macrumors member

Thank god, I thought I was crazy. Same problem here. Is this affecting everyone?