Volume graphic dorked in iPod app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ArtOfWarfare, Jan 3, 2010.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I noticed this just yesterday, in the iPod app the volume slider graphic is wrong. Trying to slide it will cause the volume to properly adjust, but the graphic will show the slider going back to what it was (this is a graphical glitch only, the volume stays what I set it to.) Additionally, hardware presses will not properly change the slider graphic.

I'm running... What is it, 3.1.2? Whatever the newest iPhone OS version is on an iPhone 3Gs, 32 GB, black.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, has anyone found a fix? I'm wondering if maybe an application I wrote, which I know has a few memory leaks that need to be patched up still, may be the cause of the issue?

2. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

3. jcia macrumors member

Same Here

Hey I recently started getting the same behavior on my iphone 3G, I tried restoring but the problem is still there, it doesn't happen all the time, but pretty often. Did you find any solution to it?. My iPhone jailbroken BTW.

4. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

No, I havnt found a fix yet, although I havnt gone as far as attempting a system restore yet.

5. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Mine is fixed now. It was as simple as turning my iPhone off and then back on... I generally don't turn it off... Normally I put it on hold and plug it in overnight... But the battery was down to 5% and I knew I wouldn't get a chance to charge it for two hours or so so I shut it off to save the battery for incase I needed to make an emergency phone call or something.

In any event, when I plugged it into the wall and turned it back on, the iPod volume graphic was back to behaving properly.

Issue might have been caused from too much leaked memory? Maybe jailbraking caused some massive memory leaks for you while running my beta app caused my memory leaks?

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Does the volume slider retract to the position it was before? This happened to me but I just locked and unlocked it. It was probably a tiny glitch, nothing major.

7. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Yes, but locking and unlocking didn't fix it for me.