Volume Increments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mmmatthew, Oct 19, 2010.

1. mmmatthew macrumors newbie

I know that if you hold down Option + Shift, it allows you to fine tune the volume. This is absolutely awesome, and I'd actually love if this was the default behaviour. I was so sure that I had come across an app that would do this, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Hopefully it wasn't just my memory playing tricks. Anyone know of an app or script that'll do this?

2. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

is this it? http://tiny.cc/lgmpl

you're welcome =D

3. mmmatthew thread starter macrumors newbie

This app is pretty close to what I want to do, but I was actually looking for something that would cause the keyboard buttons to have this functionality by default.

4. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

you're right, I just tried it and it doesnt really work how I expect it or how you wanted. sorry.

5. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

6. mmmatthew thread starter macrumors newbie

I was considering this as a last measure. I've actually been using an alternative keyboard layout for a while (Colemak, if anyone cared). I honestly hate digging around trying to altering keys at lower levels. Looks like this is going to take a little bit of work. However, while I'm doing this, I might as well make a few other changes (maybe I'll finally be able to get a Caps Lock again... I traded my normal one for a Backspace... best decision).

Thanks for the help! I'll give it a try... though if anyone has an easier route, I'm all ears.

7. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

why did you make your caps backspace? to use backspace as delete? all you have to is fn+delete to have it as delete.