volume is messed up and no water damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ldav1306, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ldav1306 macrumors newbie

ok, from the beginning, i got something on my phone yesterday (only on the screen) so i wiped it off with a damp paper towel and maybe i wiped past the speaker/microphone, im honestly not sure if i did. the phone was fine.
    well today when my phone rings or makes any kind of noise, it is super low and you can barely hear it!
    YES, the volume is all the way up. :)
    im just not sure what to do at this point. i've read up on all the moisture points and ive checked them out and nothing looks like its indicating water damage. my phone is out of warranty, i've had it about a year and a half. im not sure if it would be worth it to drive all the way up to the apple store just to have them tell me i need to buy a new phone.

any suggestions?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will tell you to pay an out of warranty fee of $200 to replace the phone.

3. iFixYouri macrumors member

They will try to take you for a ride and charge you $200(since you're OOW). Chances are you need the dock connector(which houses the speaker) replaced. Should run you about $50-$60 roughly. Save some $ and skip the Apple store since you already know what they're more than likely going to tell you.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey good to have you guys from Ifixyouri here on the forum.

5. iFixYouri macrumors member

Thanks! Glad to be here to help!

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As long as they're not biased to everything needs fixing. ;)

Sig advertisement has been noted. :)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They're good and reputable for sure. I dont think we'll have any probs.
    Their inside info and hands on experience Im sure will be valuable to many and they're not here just for profit but making friends and assisting the macrumors community.