Volume issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulfur27, Aug 18, 2015.

1. sulfur27 macrumors newbie

sulfur27

Hey guys, so I just updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.4.1 yesterday. The problem is when I raised my volume up above roughly 50% the audio is creepy, like an old speaker that can't hold big volume. This only happens when I use earphones/headphones, the iPhone's speaker is still good. Any solutions ?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

I'd probably try a hard reset first (hold down power button and volume button at the same time until it restarts). Also could I confirm what headphones you have tried?

3. sulfur27 thread starter macrumors newbie

sulfur27

I just hard restart my phone, and it's still like that, no change. I use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. And I've tried to use another earphones. What should I do ?

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

The fact it only occured on a recent update might indicate a software bug. However it could just as well be hardware and coincidentally failed at the time you applied the update.

Basically I haven't the foggiest, is there a local Apple Store you can pop into so they can take a look?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Try enabling and disabling some sound/volume settings in General > Accessibility (like those related to noise reduction, mono audio, etc.) to see if that might make a difference. Sometimes (strangely enough) enabling and disabling an option (or vise versa if it was already enabled) can still affect things if something was "stuck" in some way or there was some weird glitch.

6. sulfur27 thread starter macrumors newbie

sulfur27

Thanks guys! I just figured it out. I uninstalled "Flac + Player" app and everything is cool now. Thanks for your help! :D