Volume Keys on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by unseenvision, Sep 15, 2009.

1. unseenvision macrumors newbie

I just installed Windows 7 on my Windows partition and everything works fine (video, audio, etc.) except when I try to control the sound from my keyboard with F10, F11 and F12....nothing happens. Is this a known issue or is there some kind of fix? Thanks

2. unseenvision thread starter macrumors newbie

3. WebsterNYC macrumors newbie

If you post a question, post an answer!

Dude, if you had this question don't you think others might as well? Particularly other who found their way to this thread. If on second thought you discovered the answer to the question you posted, take a second to enlighten others. I mean really, posting "nvm I figured it out" is SUPER poor etiquette.

For others who encountered this bizarre Apple keyboard mapping choice, the volume keys, Command-F, Command-C, Command, V, Command-A, etc are replaced in Boot Camp with fn-control- [NOT Command] together with the volume key, F, C, V, A, etc.

To make the "Delete" key work, press fn-Delete. You might also want to uncheck "Tap to Click" and, under "Two Fingers" uncheck "Secondary Click", as I found these settings caused my mouse to jump wildly in the middle of typing whenever a finger grazed the trackpad accidentally.

To make right-click work, go to Boot Camp in control panel and select the TrackPAd tab, and under One Finger select "Secondary Click" and "Bottom Right Corner" from the drop down.

If anyone knows how these could be made to operate as they do in OSX (command-delete, command-c, volume key without any additional key presses, etc) this information would be greatly appreciated.

IMO, why Apple provides a keyboard mapping scheme (and trackpad settings) with Boot Camp that is nothing like either Win 7 or OSX is extremely curious and annoying.

I hope folks on the forum find this more helpful than "nvm I figured it out"