volume macintosh hd corrupt.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lostinmind1, Jan 23, 2013.

1. lostinmind1 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2009 MBP 15" 2.66GHz intel core i7 processor. I was having some trouble opening software update and was told to fix my permissions and to verify my disc so i did that. while The disc was verifying it stopped and said the volume macintosh hd was found corrupt and needs to be repaired. Repair disk is grayed out. I do not have the original copy of my os x but i did make a back up copy incase i lost my original. So i put that in to see if i could repair that way it dose its thing but when my mbp restarts to finish i get the gray screen with apple logo and nothing happens. Things i have done i was told to press shift control p and r did that its dose its thing and when i go to try again i get the same screen. I have started my computer with shift option control and power button. no luck. I also did the smc thing if that is what its called with no luck. also when this started i was running 10.6.7 when i first tried repair with my back up copy of os x it changed to 10.6.8 so i feel like i did something right. But i still get the volume corrupt deal. I have no money to take it to apple store or mac doctor. So if there is a solution to my problem that i can do that would be awesome.

2. marc11, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013

marc11 macrumors 68000

It sounds to me like your hard drive is dead or near dead. It also sounds like your back up copy is not the same OS version as what you had. Where did that back up come from? Is it a clone of your HDD? IMHO, get a new hard drive, restore from your back up (you do have a back up right?) and it should be good.

3. lostinmind1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I ripped my original disk and made a copy. and yes i have every thing backed up i transfer everything to my desk top. Now that i think of it this might be my disk for my desktop hmm. Ill keep you posted if i find my other disk.