Volume needs repair..!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ADWA..!, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ADWA..! macrumors newbie

hi

yesterday i downloaded and installed adobe photoshop from adobe official website. everything was fine, i restarted the system after installing and since then the macbook won't boot.
    it freezes on the gray screen with apple logo and progress circle and it makes wierd noise! (( like the noise that unclear local TV channel makes!!) WOW :D
    it tooks ages to finally show a black screen with white notes changed every 2seconds thats why i couldn't copy it
    then, the last notes comes like that:

aug 26 03:06:16 launched: com.apple.nibinnd: exited abnormally: bad system call
    aug 26 03:06:16 launched: com.apple.nibinnd: respawning too quickly! throtting
    aug 26 03:06:16 launched: com.apple.nibinnd: too many failures in succession
    localhost:/ i have no name!#

the previous notes are similar to this one but it has some kind of a countdown! and the numbers changed every moment

I tried to start it from the safe boot and finally after 15 minuts it started. i uninstalled the photoshop immediately and other unnessesary applications. then, i opened the disk utility, varified the hard drive but then it showed an error with red font ''volume header needs minor repair'' then ''volume needs repair''.
    I tried to boot from the OS X CD as some people suggested but the CD won't boot and i couldn't even format the whole system!
    I was able to save most of my data into an external HD so i don't care if i had to format it or not.

please help. what should i do? :( (( I love my MacBook :eek:))

P.S: ''I'll sue ADOBE :mad:'' <<< just kidding :p

2. KingRocky macrumors member

Is your OS X CD in good shape? Are you pressing "C" after the startup chime to boot from the CD?

You might try borrowing a friend's OS X CD and try booting from that.

You also didn't mention what machine and OS version you have.

3. ADWA..! thread starter macrumors newbie

oops! i forgot to press ''c''
    i run macbook with os x tiger 80GB hard drive core 2 due

:apple:

now i booted from the CD and tried to repair from disk utility but i couldn't.
    it says ''first aid failed''
    then, i tried to format and i did but i couldn't even complete it because it freezed :mad:

hmmm i guess the HD should be replaced and i hope it's covered by the warranty :( (wondering if i can upgrade it to 160GB :confused:))

4. KingRocky macrumors member

They'll replace your HD, but they won't upgrade you to a larger one.

5. ADWA..! thread starter macrumors newbie

what about paying the difference? will they accept that?

6. KingRocky macrumors member

7. ADWA..! thread starter macrumors newbie

ofcourse :p

big big larg huge thanks for your assistance :)