Volume on 5.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3282868, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 3282868, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012

3282868 macrumors 603

The only reason I still JB my iPhone is for volume boosting. I know that 5.1 (finally) fixed/amplifies the volume for iPad's, is this the case with the iPhone 4S? Thanks!

Again, to clarify the issue, this is with regard to A2DP bluetooth stereo and in some instances wired headsets, not the built-in speaker. I would also appreciate productive commentary and not sarcasm as one member has derailed a helpful thread into (once again) a juvenile tirade on MacRumors. Thanks!

2. woodydog macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Never had a problem. I always AirPlay from 4s to apple tv to vega 12's. And it's crazy loud. Cops come and I have to turn it down

3. 3282868, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012

3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I've used bluetooth stereo A2DP headphones with my iPhone for years now, regardless if it's bluetooth or wired, I always found the volume was limited. Using Volume Booster 4x on my jailbroken 4S w/ 5.0.1 makes a huge difference (I don't need to crank it and there's no distortion). It's very noticeable when using my 4S for bluetooth audio in my Infiniti (for calls and music). If Apple tweaked the audio for the 4S as they did for the iPad in 5.1, I'd sooner update and put jailbreaking behind me. :)

As someone seems confused, I'll make this clear:

this is mainly in regards to bluetooth headsets, and also applies in some respects to wired headsets. I hope this clarifies the issue.

4. Nekcik macrumors member

Nekcik

I've always thought Volume Boosters were placebo effects. Which one are you using? Last time I tried using one was when I first jailbroke on my iphone 3G and I used some Volume Booster from Iclarified I think.

5. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Volume Booster 4.0 from ModMyi repo. Works great, big difference in sound boost, especially bass and clarity isn't compromised.

I wonder why someone hasn't made an equalizer app for the iPhone (aside from the crumby one that it comes with, I leave it on "Flat" as any of the presets lowers the volume by roughly 20%). Not feasible or pointless?

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Installing this now...cool!

7. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Hope I was able to help :)

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

The 4S is louder than its predecessors and if you still are finding the vol to be too low I think you need to go get your ears checked...

9. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Wow, thanks man! That was really helpful. My ears are fine thanks, and I don't need to explain myself.

If you have nothing productive to state, move on, otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time. :)

Have a nice day. :)

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The speaker volume on the 4S is noticeably louder than all other previous iphone models IMO.
    Due to siri and such I believe they boosted up the speaker on it.

11. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Yes, but I'm referring to A2DP Bluetooth sound. This is unrelated to the built-in speaker or the wired headsets. The sound is noticeably lower when using stereo Bluetooth headsets, which is the reason I use the Volume Booster on the device. :)

12. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Big difference, def helps with volume on the BT end.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh, on the BT sound?
    Sorry, I havent tested yet. Maybe someone who did can give us some input.

14. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Yes, it works ;) lol

15. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Mmmmm I'll be looking for and installing this mod too. Thanks.

16. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

No mention of BT...

You mention both BT & WIRED

I wasn't being sarcastic w / my opinion on you checking your ears, but like some patients, you also seem to not like to hear an honest opinion. As you can see with the above quotes you didn't specify that you use it for BT only both complained for both BT & WIRED; hell your OP & Title doesn't state nothing about BT.

Your response sound childish & immature and if you didn't need to explain yourself on what's the problem how can the community help you out.

I believe there are 2 volume levels you need to raise when in BT on iOS...

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very well put.
    I had no idea either he was talking about A2DP Bluetooth sound.
    But for some reason my response trying to help him got downranked.
    Oh well, some people appreciate it and others are better off ignoring than trying to assist them;)

18. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

First of all, you're covering your butt as your comment tone was sarcastic and it did not offer anything helpful. Telling someone to have their ears checked, really?

Move on, why are you wasting more time with this childishness? If it doesn't concern you, why are you trolling? :confused:

Further, my second comment addresses the Bluetooth issue, so I am truly sorry that you didn't read the comments before posting your unnecessary remarks which you know full well were intended to be insulting.

Please, do us a favor and move on. Life is way too short for this non-sense over volume levels. It's beautiful day out, go and enjoy it :)

19. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Dude, comment #2 by him (three in thread). You should read the whole thread before attempting to inflame someone then double back by saying "oh oh I was being nice, you're being a child". Really? C'mon :rolleyes:

20. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I appreciated your comments, they were helpful and glad the issue was cleared up.

I don't appreciate some who throw in unproductive comments with the intention of insulting people. Suggesting someone's ears get checked is not helpful and wreaks of sarcasm, regardless of said individuals attempts to cover his tracks.

Let's move on, I really do not want this thread derailed by someone. :)

21. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Agreed; my reply comment had 2+ now is at 0, but it doesn't matter ;)

Please, read that post#3 again... He states BT & wired and that w/ BT is even more noticeable. If you own a 4S and you had previous models of the iPhone you could clearly heard how much loud it is when comparing it to the older models. Whoever doesn't hear the 4S well needs to get their ears checked or stop working in places w/ high DB noises.

TS, I am enjoying the sun. ;)

22. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

1 Who cares about comments? I don't. Magically, mine went down when you came on and right around when you post. Hmmm.

2 You're fighting over semantics. Move on. I am. :)

Thanks for derailing a nice thread.

23. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

Running this mod and as much as I would like to believe it's made a difference my first impression is that is has not. Using it over BT with Jaybird Freedom headphones.