Volume on iPod Touch Remote App doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 3dollarbridge, Dec 2, 2008.

1. 3dollarbridge macrumors newbie

I have two 2g ipod touch and since the software updates, the volume slider doesn't work using the Remote App. It works fine in all other instances. Any ideas?

2. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

3. 3dollarbridge thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that

I tried that. I tried a complete restore including downloading the program again... and this is happening on 2 different ipods.

4. mikkitg macrumors newbie

Same problem

After updating iPhone 3G to 2.2, the volume slider works intermittently. Most of the time it will not move. Also have a Touch and the same thing happened after updating to 2.2. Stopped at the Apple store and asked an employee and he said his worked no problem but when he tried it in the store it also did not work.

5. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

That is with the Remote app right? Hmm... this may be a glitch they missed with the 2.2 update. If you really want it working again I would jailbreak back to 2.1

6. dlstone63 macrumors newbie

Found Workaround for Remote App Volume Slider bug!

Found a workaround for the Remote App volume slider problem on my iPod Touch (and presumably the iPhone as well). Simply hold the iPod in the horizonal position, wait a few seconds and the volume slider starts to work normally. Reposition the iPod back in the vertical position and the slider stops working reliably. Put the iPod back in the horizonal position and after a few seconds the slider works again. (Note that the Remote App doesn't rotate to landscape mode when the iPod is rotated to the horizonal position, but apparently the volume slider code requires that the iPod be positioned horizonally. Seems like an obvious bug in the source code that should be easy to fix.)

7. dlstone63 macrumors newbie

Found Workaround for Remote App Volume Slider bug!

duplicate posting. How to delete?