Volume Purchasing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iMacZealot, Aug 17, 2008.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I'm working on the Yearbook staff this year, and we are the only department that is self-sufficient (i.e. the school would rather give money to the football team than us.) We are required to make money to cover the cost of the Yearbook in any way possible, which means selling adspace in the Yearbook or fundraisers. I was thinking about having a raffle for multiple iPods, and I was curious if Apple had volume purchasing discounts. I've heard of them doing it at a certain amount of units, but I can't find the details of it.

Is anybody familiar with Apple's policy on volume purchasing?

Thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This is the closest I can find: give them a call on that number and I'm sure they can help you...

3. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Hmm...that page hints that the discounting begins at 50 units, which is what I vaguely remember reading somewhere a long time ago. The only thing is, that link is for businesses when we are a school (a Christian Brothers school, if it makes a difference.) I'd also like to know what the discount is exactly.

EDIT: I found just the thread I was thinking about. At 50 units or more, the discount is 4%, and we might be able to get a tax redemption.

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Ask the school to partner with you. The school itself should qualify for educational group purchasing. You'll raise the funds, the school will do the buying, both groups win.

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

That's sort of the whole point; I wouldn't go out personally to buy $3000-5000 in iPods all on my own...:confused:

6. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Institutional purchase lists can be found on this page. There's also a contact number so that the persons involved can call Apple for more information.