Volume/Ringer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wrecks24, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Wrecks24 macrumors newbie

I just bought my Iphone 6 about a month ago and recently I have been having an issue with the Ringer/volume control.

What happens is that after I use some apps and then switch back to the home screen the volume controls still appear and not the ringer volume.

After I double tap the home button and close any background apps the ringer will then show.

This sounds more like a software issue than a hardware issue.

But I cant find anything, anywhere about my problem so I wanted to post it here to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks

2. reverberlayed macrumors regular

I'm not really sure what you mean. Can you take a screenshot of the homescreen so we can see what you're seeing?

3. Wrecks24 thread starter macrumors newbie

It only does it sometimes, so its not doing at the moment.

When you are at the home screen and press the up/down volume buttons it will turn up or down the ringer correct?

When you are using an app and you press the up/down volume buttons they will control the app volume.

When you switch back out of an app to the home screen the up/down buttons automatically go back to controlling the ringer volume.

My phone will sometimes not switch back to the ringer volume controls after closing an app, it will continue to control app volume, thus not allowing me to control ringer volume, until I double tap the home button and clear out any apps.

Does this explain it a little better?

4. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

5. Wrecks24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have had Iphones before and never had this issue

6. reverberlayed macrumors regular

Yes, that explains the issue. I've never experienced it. Has it happened to multiple apps or just one? What apps are they?

I'm trying to replicate it but have been unsuccessful.

7. Wrecks24 thread starter macrumors newbie

It does it randomly, at times when I look at my phone it is on silent by accident

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

It can depend on whether or not there's some media in another app that could potentially be played in the background or launched/controlled from the Control Center, which can influence the behavior of volume buttons.

By the way, volume button controls can be set in Settings > Sounds (to the point that you can even disable those buttons from controlling the ringer volume, if desired).

9. Wrecks24 thread starter macrumors newbie